Policies & Procedures: Returns, Refunds, Warranty, Etc.
Reproduction Parts For Vintage Japanese Motorcycles
- The names "Kawasaki", "Honda", "Yamaha", and "Suzuki" etc, and trademarks are the property of their respective companies, and are used for reference only.
- Some part numbers and descriptions used or mentioned are also used for reference only.
- AMW is in no way implying that the products we sell are manufactured by the above mentioned manufacturers.
- All of the vintage Japanese motorcycle parts that we sell are aftermarket reproduction parts for vintage Japanese motorcycles only.
- All Manufacturers names are used for reference only!
- All the parts we sell are aftermarket reproduction parts for Vintage Japanese motorcycles. OEM numbers, manufacturers, models, and pictures are for reference only. We have done our best to supply fitment data, but please double check with your dealer. If a part is original NOS, it will be stated in the product description.
- Returned products must be in new, unused condition and include the original box and/or packaging with all tags attached to products.
- Once your return is received and inspected by Atlanta Motorcycle Works, your refund will be processed and a credit will be applied to your credit card or original method of payment. Please note that depending on your credit card company, it may take an additional 2-10 business days after your credit is applied for it to be posted to your account.
- For wire transfer payments, all refunds will be issued to store credit.
- You are responsible for all shipping costs associated with getting your order back to our store.
- Please do not abuse this policy by ordering multiple (more than 2) of the same or similar item with the intention of returning the majority of your order. Please contact a sales associate if you are unsure of sizing or application for any items prior to placing your order and we will be happy to help you narrow it down!
- See below for instructions on where/how to get your return order back to us. Items should not be shipped back to the manufacturer; all returns need an RA (Return Authorization) number and will need to be returned to Atlanta Motorcycle Works
Return Shipping Options
- For customers in the contiguous 48 U.S. States, Atlanta Motorcycle Works provides the option of printing out a pre-paid UPS shipping label for a fee of $7.45. This fee will be deducted from your total refund amount.
- For customers in any location, you have the option of using the carrier of your choice to return your order to us. We recommend shipping with a method which includes tracking and insurance for your return shipment.
- All shipments must be made prepaid; packages shipped COD will be rejected.
- Any Refused, Undelivered, or Abandoned package will be subject to a $10 Service Fee.
- Need to make an exchange? After you process your return, simply place a new order for the exchange merchandise. That means you'll claim the inventory and get your new gear fast!
- You are still responsible for return shipping costs on your original order back to us.
Used or Damaged Merchandise
- Any merchandise which has been "taken out for a ride" is considered used and cannot be returned. We encourage you to walk on your carpet in your boots and to try your motorcycle helmet on indoors before heading out on the bike.
- Any merchandise or parts which shows signs of use (wear, bugs, dirt, smell, pet hair, scuffing, mounting, etc) or otherwise is in a condition other than it was received cannot be returned.
- Craigslist, eBay and online forums are excellent resources if you have a used item you do not want that can no longer be returned to Atlanta Motorcycle Works
Apparel and Helmets
- Apparel items must be packed in their original garment bag (or equivalent plastic bag protection) and include all original tags. The plastic bag protects the item from the cardboard. Items packaged without this protection most likely will arrive scuffed and will be returned to the customer.
- Helmets must be shipped back as they were received in their original helmet bag, box and include all original paperwork and accessories.
- Un-used items that are returned with missing or damaged packaging, tags, components, or hangers may be returned to the customer or subject to an additional processing fee of up to 25% of the merchandise cost based on the availability of those missing or damaged components.
Electronics, Hard Parts, Tools, Tires
- Any electronic which has been removed from packaging or manufacturer seal broken is non-returnable.
- Any part which has been installed or shows signs of attempting to be installed on a vehicle is non-returnable.
- Any Tool or Chemical that has been opened or seal broken is non-returnable.
- Open box items for which the packaging has been destroyed are not returnable.
- International shipments should be marked as a "Merchandise Return" with a carrier that does not levy brokerage fees. Customer is responsible for any applicable brokerage or customs charges.
- Any items shipped COD or having additional brokerage fees that are charged to Atlanta Motorcycle Works upon delivery will be rejected.
- Each manufacturer has its own warranty policy. Atlanta Motorcycle Works will assist customers with their warranty; however Atlanta Motorcycle Works does not provide any direct warranty on any item sold.
Order Cancellation / Modifications
- If you change your mind, act quickly! We turn around and process orders extremely quickly.
- Orders can be modified or cancelled only while their status is labeled "Order Received." Once an order has a status of "Order Processed," it cannot be cancelled or modified, as the order has been processed by our warehouse and is in the queue to be shipped out.
- Most manufacturers offer an additional warranty period which covers against merchandise defects. To determine warranty requirements for a specific item, please contact the manufacturer or contact us for assistance.
- Please note warranty processing may take 4-8 weeks and will be subject to the individual manufacturer's policies and discretion. Manufacturer warranties do not cover defects determined to be caused by normal wear or due to customer negligence.
- Please let us know ASAP if any goods arrive damaged. Please keep all original shipping containers and take pictures if possible. Damaged goods claims are handled through the shipping carrier. We will assist our customers in these claims. We only ask that customers be patient as sometimes this process can take longer than any of us would like!